Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Get in the Street Chic Groove



SPOTTED:  Studs, hardware, chains and spikes.  Once so innocent dresses are now paired with black leather and dark red lips.  'From Chaos to Couture', women everywhere are falling into punk inspired outfits this season.  Need help with this trend?  Don't ask me, because I'll never tell!

XoXo,
Groove Girl


If you're like me, you have nothing remotely punk in your closet...or so you thought.  My go to colors scream girly chic and my closet is overflowing with peaches, golds, beiges, and Tiffany blue.  Now that we're falling into sweater weather,  I broke out boots from the back of the closet.  Anywhere you look, whether in Cosmo, Vogue, People or out your window, the Street Chic look is EVERYWHERE!  My problem? I don't wear chains or spikes!

This look is most likely the biggest trend of fall and we're not going to miss out!  Thankfully, the 90's inspired grunge comeback is more flirty this time around.  Countless designers and stores are filling their collections with studded embellishments, leather, plaids and aggressive accessories.  While some celebs are going all out with semi shaved heads and full out punk style, others (like Selena Gomez) are proving that punk is pretty easy to pull off.

This morning, I decided I was going to rock the punk look.  I just got a pair of our 'Force' combat inspired boots in black.  The heavy lug, leather vamp, full frontal lace up and adjustable calf buckles inspired me to try out the hard-soft look.
I knew I wanted to pair them with a really feminine dress, but didn't know where to go from there.  I tried on a few and settled with a flowy, cream and gold polkadot dress.  To bring the look together I threw on my favorite leather moto jacket to really bring out the leather details on the boots and give the look some street cred.

Here are some other ideas on how you can put together your own take on this fun fall trend.
First, the basics; grab a pair of dark skinny jeans, or leather leggings, and throw on a moto jacket. This is the simplest way to achieve the street feel with minimal effort.  You can dress it up with some pumps, or throw on a pair of black boots (or booties!) and hit the road...don't forget your killer shades! You can add a dose of rebellion to any outfit with graphic tees, leather trim, heavy chains, spikes, skulls or zippers.  Check out these ideas for a little punk, or a lot!



So, you've got your outfit on, but what else is needed to complete the look?  Here are some beauty trends that will complete your look, or give you a little touch of punk.

Hair

Slick pony or wild mane 
Blunt bangs, long waves or a bob
Ombre hair, rich chocolate or bleach blonde


Makeup: 
Fresh and natural, or smokey eyes
Bright pink lips, vivid red or dark wine hues


Nails: 
Literally street with a skyline mani
Studded and metallic embellishments
Outlined pale nails


























0 comments :

Post a Comment

Have something to share? Comment below, I'd love to know!

XoXo,
Groove Girl